Monday, June 25, 2012

Adventures in Colorado


Notice where the step meets my body! 
 Start of the run, 8000 feet, finally hit peak to turn on trail....14,500 ft!  Distance to get there, 1 mile.  It was insane and brutal but of course I loved it.  Switchbacks for 6 miles down were crazy and could have been crazy fast except for the lack of oxygen in my lungs and severe dehydration setting in.  Less than 24 hours in Colorado and triple digit heat wave added to the challenge.






At the top

And the world seems a little better now that I got to go for a run with Craig again.

So very sad

Change of plans, wildfire broke out while we were on the mountain running.  We got out with hundreds of others and changed outline for the day!


Mountain biking through here, of course yet another adventure whenever I am involved.  Flat tire means a race back to vehicle to rescue Matt!

Well yes Craig I will bungee jump with you!

Royal Gorge Bridge. Highest suspension bridge

Amazing view and so beautiful.  Took ride to bottom of gorge and also cable car across the gorge.  Completely awestruck!

No comments:

Post a Comment