Wednesday, July 10, 2013

300 Complete!


 
 
Impossible is what I thought heading into the Celtic Traverse 300k.  Physically I was sure it was impossible for me given the timing.  Something so challenging on any day, with the limitations I had heading in and the circumstances I had been dealing with.  I promised myself to take it day by day and just run as much as I could each day.  And I did, running the full distance of the 300k all six days.  I was third overall and first place female.  I struggle to stop myself from making jokes about how slow everyone else would have been, because I detest bragging.  But I know to do this would be rude to the other people who ran and also minimize that I started this race with a significant injury.  I am proud of myself personally but most of all feel grateful that somehow and someway I was able to be there and do this race.  More to come later on how incredibly life changing it was for me.  For now I need to rest up for 50 mile event this weekend.  I should be dreading it after doing 50k for 6 days in a row, but I am excited!!


No comments:

Post a Comment