Sunday, September 14, 2014

Blog Post: My Photos, My Moments

My photos, thousands of them, scattered throughout my computer and memory cards.  My phone holds yet another entire library of my life.

The photos hold the stories of my life, the moments that make me feel something and the moments I instinctively try to hold tight to.

They are grainy, off centered, have poor color, some have bad timing and many are less than flattering. It doesn’t matter.

My photos and my stories matter.

Each time I press the button I am appreciating the moment and capturing how significant it is in my life. I am immortalizing the beauty of the moment, the connection and emotion that is magical in my heart. It becomes a treasure I keep and go back to time and time again.  When I scroll through them, I don’t seem to care so much about the quality rather they bring a spontaneous smile to my heart, sometimes other emotions as well.  Sometimes I feel connection, sometimes comfort and sometimes the memories are bittersweet. Each one is a view from my corners of myself just as I saw it at that second.

This morning as I held the camera high above myself to capture Maggie curled in my lap. I knew the photo itself, captured with the camera on my broken phone wouldn’t be a masterpiece.  The reason it mattered wasn’t in the quality, it was in the feeling of being so loved and of loving so much.

Those are my stories, those are my photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment