Monday, May 2, 2016

Celebrating

This little girl's birthday today.  Five years ago she came to my house to meet me and see if she would be a good fit as a companion for Tanner, who desperately needed a doggy mate after we lost Annabelle.  Ellie came for a visit and never left. She stole my heart and became my dog soul mate. I love this little peanut more than I ever thought possible.
She has protected me, emotionally and quite literally physically as well. She understands human language, she performs like a circus monkey for treats, and she keeps the rest of the pack in line alternating between snarkiness and play to do this. More than this though she wraps herself around my heart every day.
So on her birthday at roughly 8 years old we started the day in her favorite place and on the trails.
She had a dinner consisting of steak, chicken, tuna, and sweet potatoes. It was followed with a homemade dog safe sundae and extra play time in the yard.
This morning she heads to her doggy chiro for an adjustment, ok not exactly what she would consider a treat but she feels better afterwards. And when we get home there is a bag of meaty butcher bones waiting.
She is my girl, my friend, my protector and my doggy soul mate. ♡♡♡

No comments:

Post a Comment